Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Vital Statistics

Over the years, one of my biggest frustration use to be getting meaningful and up to date statistics while watching a game of cricket. I had to either wait for the commentator to dish out the statistics or spend time on the web looking for the information on websites and blogs.

In the last year or so, I have build my own database and refer to it on a regular basis while watching cricket. What is the average first innings score at Mumbai? Who has taken most number of wickets at Old Trafford, etc. etc.

Realizing that there are thousands of other cricket fans who would love to have access to this information, I decided to set-up this blog. The idea is to update this on a regular basis during the course of Test matches and One-Day games with vital and relavant statistics.

At the end of the day, statistics count for nothing, but perfect statistics can be a real pleasure!

36-24-36...

No comments: